Pure Refreshment

Ahhh, the refreshing taste of a crisp, home brewed , ice cold ginger ale. That bubbly essence of lime and natural carbonation followed with a peppery bite of ginger.

This blog is basically a chronical of my home brewed ginger ale experiences and recipies.

The basic recipie is one I have developed over 4 or 5, one gallon experimental batches and suits my palate. It is semi sweet, on the peppery side and well carbonated. The taste of lime is prevalent but not over powering.

I started adding green tea with ginseng to the mix recently. Good and good for ya, a healthy home brewed tonic.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Some Basic Ingredients and Equipment...

Here are some of the basic ingredients and equipment you will need to start making your own Ginger Ale, or as I call it, Ginger Tonic....

Fresh Ginger, Green Tea, Fresh Lime, Lime Juce (not pictured),Honey, Vanilla Extract, Ginger Beer Plant Culture (mine is home grown using techniques I found online), and tap water, 1 gallon glass containers with an airlock or the old school cloth and rubber band.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment